Spring is finally here! Here are some helpful tips and advice to help prevent accidents or damage.
- Check your roof and gutters for damage. Replace worn shingles and repair gutters. Also, take precautions to avoid ice dams in the future by installing insulation, flashing and/or electric wires.
- Test your smoke and carbon dioxide detectors. Replace weak batteries.
- Check your dryer vent to be sure there is no lint build up. It is advisable to have the lint trap checked every year and cleaned if necessary.
- Check your sump pump to be sure it is working properly. If the water drains slowly it might be blocked.
- When hiring a contractor be sure they are licensed and insured for the work they are providing. Ask for a Certificate of Insurance.